Lose 15lbs of body fat while maintaining or gaining some muscle.
- Minimize grains and eat more of a Paleo diet
- No beer for 4 months
No beer for 4 months?! Well, I don’t need to explain why beer is counterproductive to body fat loss, but simply put it is an easy way to cut out a lot of empty calories. I don’t crave sweets, chocolate, chips, or junk food, but I do crave a good heavy microbrew. We’re talkin’ 225 cals per 12oz bottle on average. Drink 5 in a week and the result is in an extra 1125 calories! Notice I didn’t say “no alcohol for 4 months” because I don’t really care for wine and I care for liquor even less. Again, this resolution works well for me.
The Plan to lose 15 lbs of fat:
- Minimizing grain intake
- Not drinking beer for the first 4 months of the year
- Consuming 2500-2600 calories per day
- Lifting 4 times a week
- Running intervals or sprints 1-3 times a week
- Getting adequate rest (last year’s resolution much improved on)